Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"...for no other god can save in this way."



I haven't cried like this since the rice fields.
I haven't screamed this hard since that sunrise.


May this wound never ever leave me.

I will suffer with them.
I will suffer for them.

This is my holy discontent.


I only write what I feel.
And I only write when I feel.

Sometimes, I forget to feel.

Such is the point of pain.
It re-enters me into those places that I have been before and reminds me of everything I have seen and learned, lest I forget.

I've been reading a bit of Daniel these days, and this has been a great comfort to me today:

19 During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven 20 and said: 
       "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; 
       wisdom and power are his.

 21 He changes times and seasons; 
       he sets up kings and deposes them. 
       He gives wisdom to the wise 
       and knowledge to the discerning.

 22 He reveals deep and hidden things; 
       he knows what lies in darkness, 
       and light dwells with him.

 23 I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: 
       You have given me wisdom and power, 
       you have made known to me what we asked of you, 
       you have made known to us the dream of the king."

Daniel 2:19-23


You have made known to us the things of Empire, so that we in turn, can use them to bring the Kingdom.
We must live in this for a time, and we must work in our waiting.
You have granted us all that we need, so may we live in a constant and expectant faith to do what You ask.

47 The king said to Daniel, "Surely your God is the God of gods and the Lord of kings and a revealer of mysteries, for you were able to reveal this mystery."

Even Empire will eventually bow to Truth.



Hallelujah, You make ALL things new.



No comments: