Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So here's to movement...

Sometimes, but only sometimes, I just can't help but think about the fact that soon, you will be slipping a ring onto a finger that isn't mine...


Darling, do you think that's why I keep running?
Do you think that's why I keep looking for this thing I have such a hard time defining?
Do you think that's why I desire for what you showed me to be a part of my life?

Because I thought it would be a part of ours.

But now, it will be yours.
And hers.
Together.


And because of that, even when I think about calling it "mine", it still feels as if I've come up short.



Will any of this ever be home without you?
Will I ever know home without you?

Well, if I never find "home", I never have to face those questions.


So here's to movement...
My blessing and my curse....


And I'll try my hardest not to miss you.

No comments: