Friday, May 14, 2010



What constant pressure you must be under, trying to make this worth everything you walked away from for it.
What crippling anxiety you must feel at moments, should you start to doubt your own abilities.
What strength you must possess to have decided to walk away in the first place- towards something so unsure- and make it what you decided it would be.

No wonder I see such a fierceness in you.
No wonder it flashes with such intensity when I least expect it.
No wonder your soul is so sensitive.

I feel as though I have known this all along, without really knowing.
Without even really knowing you.

You have the most expressive eyes I have ever seen and I wish you knew how much I notice them.
Is that why you hide them so often?

There is a gentleness in you that cannot be contained or hidden.
And you fear it.
Simply because you don't know who to show it to.
So instead, you have decided to regularly hide in corners and bury yourself under what you have married yourself to.

For you, there is no backup plan.
There is no escape route.

What were you thinking of when you closed your eyes?
Do you see what I see, darling?
Will you even let me see it?

I want you to know that if you were to rip yourself open in front of me, I would hold what you show ever so gently.
And I would not let go.
I promise you.
I would not let go.



No comments: