Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Part Two

How on earth do you make someone who has only ever known a relational eastern culture truly understand a time and task-driven western one?
Especially when they are half a world away?
Topped off with a language barrier?

Apparently, love alone cannot always speak loudly enough.
And the best of intentions can only get you so far.


I have already cried once for Thailand this morning.
A certain situation made me realize the things I were saying were actually true.

"Yes, I am happy here in America, but if I could, I would be back there in Thailand with you right now."
"If it were up to me, we would be like real sisters again, living in the same place."
"I love you and miss you very much and it hurts me that you do not believe that."

How do you do everything at once?
How do you make everyone happy with you all the time?

I guess you just can't.
Because I have tried all I know how to do.





Today, when sorting through some CD's, I saw one on the list literally called "Bomb Iraq" by a man named Rusty Humphries.
It's a parody song album.
The back of it had a little blurb that said something like, "Dedicated to all the brave men and women who serve our country. The best way to intimidate your enemy is to make fun of them."
Comedy.
Humour.
About WAR.
Over thousands upon thousands of lives being lost.
Literally "making fun of" human beings. And death.
When I found the CD I stopped dead in my tracks.
My heart was so heavy... in a way I have never really felt before.

And I cried again.

These are PEOPLE! Honestly, what about that is so difficult to understand?!



You know, Jesus, when I asked you to show me depths of your heart and the sorrow that is held there...
I didn't expect you to do it so soon.

You work pretty quickly.

No comments: